Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Still in Chicago

The best way to start off a trip? Forget your visa at home. Yesterday, bags packed and ready to go, my parents and I headed to the airport. My Dad dropped us off and parked the car, while my Mom and I went the check in. A few minutes after I handed the agent my passport, she paged through it with a confused look. I didn't have a visa for India in that passport. Unknowingly, we left the house with my newest passport, without even considering that the visa may have been in my old, expired passport. Dad drove like a madman to pick it up from the house, but reached too late. Fortunately, we had the kindest agent who immediately booked me on a flight for today without even charging the change fee. Despite the stress, the extra day at home with my parents, really was a blessing after the hectic schedule I had for the last two weeks.

2 comments:

Shayan said...

Silly... I know the real reason you forgot the visa is because you wanted to spend more time at home!

I want photos! At least one everyday!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I can still bug you while you're gone. :) Hope you're having a great time with your family, but I know you miss me IMMENSELY at the same time! I miss you toooooo!